The key factor in mold growth is moisture. The most common sources of indoor moisture are flooding and leaks from plumbing, roofs, windows, baths or sinks. Discoloration and warping on walls, floors or ceilings are a good indication that you may have a moisture problem.
Padgett's will work with Certified Industrial Hygienists to help to make sure that mold spores are contained and removed to ensure a safe environment for your family, customers, or employees.
If You Find Mold:
- Immediately identify the surce (moisture).
- Repair source of loss.
- Removal of mold is normally performed under the guidance of an Industrial Hygienist. If there is more than 10 square feet of mold consult one of these experts:
- In cases involving a minimum amount of mold (less than 10 square feet) the property owner may select to remove mold without the services of an Industrial Hygienist.
- After consulting with experts, Padgetts Service Team of Professionals will coordinate with the property owner and the Mold Expert for removal.
- Padgett's Service Team of Professionals does not determine mold types, health effects, or extent of mold.
Pipe Leaks, Sewer Back-ups, and Water Damage
- Mold Spores are Equally Harmful whether Dead or Alive
- Spores must be Removed to Ensure a Safe Environment
- Ventilation Systems must be Turned Off and Sealed
- Certified Industrial Hygienists must be Contracted
- Reduction or Elimination of Moisture Levels to Prevent Further Mold Growth
- Removal of Materials that have Mold and Fungi Growth